LSC is accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English as a foreign language. To obtain accreditation, LSC must comply with regulations relating to school premises and facilities, teacher qualifications, teaching quality, administration and welfare. We are regularly visited by their inspectors. After our most recent inspection the British Council produced the following publishable statement on LSC:
In August 2012, we were inspected and accredited by the British Council. We are pleased to say that the Brtiish Council confirmed LSC's continued accreditation for another 4 years.
The Publishable Statement is the part of the British Council inspection report that is available to the general public. The Publishable Statement reads as follows:
"The British Council inspected and accredited London Study Centre in August 2012. The Accreditation Scheme assesses the standards of management, resources and premises, teaching and welfare and accredits organisations which meet the overall standard in each area inspected (see www.britishcouncil.org/accreditation ) for details.
This private language school offers courses in general and professional English for adults (16+), for closed groups of under-16s and adults (16+), vacation courses for closed groups of under-16s in school premises and general English for adults (16+) in teachers' homes.
Strengths were noted in the area of care of students. The inspection report stated that the organisation met the standards of the Scheme"
Independent Schools Inspectorate
In March 2012, we were inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate. We are pleased to say that we passed the inspection and that in its report ISI stated that “...At the time of the inspection, the college met all the key requirements of the standards for private further education colleges and quality is good. The college meets expectations for the quality of education.”
The categories covered by the ISI inspection, together with the grades that LSC received are as follows:
1. The quality of the curriculum, teaching and learners achievement – We received a Grade 2 (Meets Expectations) in this category.
2. Students' welfare including health and safety – We received a Grade 1 (Exceeds Expectations) in this category.
3. The effectiveness of governance and management – We received a Grade 2 (Meets Expectations) in this category.
Here are some extracts of the executive summary of the ISI report:
- London Study Centre overall meets expectations and in some areas exceeds expectations.
- It successfully provides a range of courses at different levels to support the development of English language and to prepare students for the IELTS and Cambridge ESOL examinations.
- The best teaching is fast paced, challenging and makes effective use of the prior knowledge and experience of students. This allows students to make good progress.
- The health, safety, welfare and safeguarding of students exceeds expectations. The school provides a safe and secure environment which fully complies with regulations.
- The advice, guidance and support students receive during their time in the school is of a very high standard. Students say they are most appreciative of the pastoral support they receive and the wide range of regular activities and trips that are organised by the school.
- The school pays particular attention to the welfare and support of students who are under 18.
- Day-to-day organisation is good and the management team adopt a systematic and structured approach to their work.
Please click here to read the ISI inspection report in full.
LSC is a member of EnglishUK, and follows the EnglishUK Code of Practice. Click here for more information on EnglishUK.
UK Border Agency
LSC is registered as a Highly Trusted Sponsor by the UK Border Agency. Click here to for more information.