London has been a major settlement for two millennia, and was founded by the Romans, who called it Londinium. Today London is a leading global city, with strengths in the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism and transport all contributing to its prominence. It is one of the three largest financial centres in the world, is home to the headquarters of more than 100 of Europe's 500 largest companies, and has the most international visitors of any city in the world.
London is home to numerous museums, galleries, libraries, sporting events and other cultural institutions. London's Chinatown is the largest in Europe. The London Underground network is the oldest underground railway network in the world.
In 2012 London will become the first city to host the Summer Olympic Games three times.
And last but not least, London is home to London Study Centre!
Why you should come to study English in London
- London is the capital of the UK: the home and the birthplace of the English language
- London is the most diverse city in the world: you can experience new cultures, make new friends, and become more independent
- Learning English is great, but learning English in London is even better. Get one of the world's most exciting cities thrown in at no extra cost!
- London has a reputation for academic excellence: there are lots of opportunities for further study or career progression
- You can improve your English rapidly: you can practice your English all the time, not just in your class!
London has everything that international students could possibly want!London is a global city, always changing, always exciting. It is home to more than 90,000 international students from over 200 different nations, more than any other city in the world.
Studying and living in London can be one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences of your life, opening the doors to a fantastic future. If something is happening in art, in science, in business, in politics, in music, in industry, in high or low culture, or in life, the chances are that it is happening here in London.
Not only does London enjoy world class museums, galleries, monuments, churches, famous buildings, but it also has clubs, concert venues, musicals, theatres and of course shops! What's more, many of the best London attractions are completely free!